Conzep for Blogger
Conzep for Blogger
Conzep for Blogger is a modification of a WordPress theme called Conzep, originally designed by Joe Mitcho. It is also a derivative work from WordPress default theme, Kubrick (WordPress version of this beautiful theme can be found at authors blog). Check out live demo of this template to see it fully functional.
- Two column layout
- Advanced commenting (1)
- Recent comments on sidebar (2)
- Integrated Technorati tags (3)
- Integrated Google Sitesearch (4)
This is a free template released under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License. This means that you can use this template for your personal or commercial blog, edit it according to your needs, and even re-distribute it as long as you keep the credit links at footer.
Please read and understand the notes at the end of this page for detailed descriptions of the features of this template before you download and start using it.
- Chose one of the packages; Default Commenting version or Comments Hack version.
- Unzip the package and go to images folder. Upload all of the images to a free image host (such as imageshack.us), and write down the given links. (Help?)
- Open theme.txt with a text editor (like notepad), then search for /* Theme Images */.
- Replace the image file names with links you have taken from your image host, and then save.
- Select all text from theme.txt by pressing CTRL+A, then copy by pressing CTRL+C.
- Go to "Blogger dashboard > Template", and after deleting the old codes, paste your theme code by pressing CTRL+V, then save and republish your blog. (Help?)
(1) There are two versions of this theme; one comes with Blogger default commenting, and other has a commenting hack slightly modified from K2 for Blogger. Although theme has been tested with Internet Explorer 6, Firefox 1.5.x, Opera 9 and Safari 1.3, and layout seems okay with all four browsers, the version which contains theme hack can be buggy (especially with Internet Explorer) and can override comment moderation rules. I suggest you to use the version with default commenting. If you still want to use the version with comment hack, use it at your own risk :) By the way, why don't you
for safer and faster internet experience?
(2) Adapted by using the tip told at Blogger Help.
(3) If you want Technorati tags for posts to appear on your blog, you have to install the Grease Monkey plug-in comes with the zip archive. This user script has been modified from its original to work with Conzep for Blogger theme. If you don�t want these tags to appear (or you don't know anything about Technorati, Grease Monkey, User Script etc), just discard this note and do nothing :)
(4) It�s a free tool offered by Google, and its nothing to do with AdSense for Search. It can only produce results for the pages indexed by Google, and may not work if your blog haven�t got any.